A nationwide training workshops for 3rd year physics students interested in nuclear physics are planned at the Heavy Ion Laboratory of the University of Warsaw on October 18-24, 2020.
The topics of workshop will be:
- heavy ion acceleration and elements of ion optics;
- detection of charged particles and gamma rays;
- properties of atomic nuclei and mechanisms of nuclear reactions;
- measuring electronics and data collection systems;
- interdisciplinary applications of nuclear physics.
The workshop program will include lectures and practical tasks to be performed by students.
The experimental part will be held at HIL using unique research equipment installed on the beam of the Warsaw Cyclotron.